If you want some no-holds-barred, real career change advice, no one better than my friend Lauryn Williams to speak on the subject of career-changing.
Lauryn is a 4x Olympian turned financial planner.
She brought the same intensity from her famous athletic career to the field of financial planning, so we sat down to talk about her ups and downs, wins and losses in a totally new career.
If you’re considering a move into the financial services industry and want to career change advice or just need some motivation, sit back and listen to Lauryn’s story.
We covered a lot…
- The Lauryn Williams money story…
- What role does financial coaching play in the advice continuum?
- What sparked your interest in being a financial planner?
- How tough was the career switch for you?
- What role did mentorship play in your transition?
- Would you still choose financial planner over financial coach, if you had to decide again?
- What are your thoughts on diversity within the industry?
- Why did you start your own firm and what’s your advice for others?
- As a career changer, what is the most valuable skill to possess?
- What do your days as a financial professional look like now?
- What’s your #1 piece of advice for any career changer?
- Lightning Round – Which career is tougher? Hardest lesson learned…Greatest moment in either career…
Thanks for listening, reading and watching.
Here’s how you can connect with Lauryn: https://www.worth-winning.com/win/
Follow her on IG: https://www.instagram.com/lauryncwilliams/
Are you a current or aspiring financial professional? Click here to learn more about how I’m helping you jumpstart your career!